Friday, June 5, 2009


Windy this week, ain't it?
**alright anyone interested. Here it is, plain and simple. I am taking this first official blog opportunity to lay this very important fact (VIF ,if you will) out there. BUT FIRST: small background information:
IF you were by chance driving, walking or biking down Main Street yesterday, the 4th of June, at approx. 5:02pm, you would have witnessed first hand the wind.
I only have hated the wind 2 other times in my life. Normally it does not bother me. Moves things around, messes up your yard, screws up your hair-did... but really, all those things are no biggie to me. BUT yesterday, the wind was a big deal.
Now on to what happened. As i frequently do (unless i see an officer of the law down the block), I decided to cross the street right outside of my office, instead of walking either direction
down the block to the cross walk. And this particular time i decided to bold across the street instead of wait for a major break in traffic. So this placed me mid block, middle
of down town, middle of 5:00 traffic, middle of Main Street.
As I sorta ran in my "big girl shoes" (as we like to call them) across the street...SWOOSH-wind gust. Lucky me. I, again wore my flowy black skirt to work on a windy day.
YEP you guessed it...blew my damn skirt up over my head int he middle of Main Street.
(Keep in mind that this is not the point of ths story.) *this particular skirt is just long enough to, when blown straight up, to actually cover my face.
...so here i stand, Middle of EVERYTHING fighting down my beast of a black skirt and still trying to get across the street before being smashed into.
i must add that this is the third time said skirt has blown over my head. count them... one, two, THIRD! how many times does it take someone to learn a lesson?!?...
Anyway, embarrassment hits. Some lovely gentleman honks like i dont know that i showed everyone my #funzies.
OK so bringing me to the point of this. the VIF is: i DO in fact own "party panties". i know that none of you who saw me think this. I understand, and believe me would have said the same thing had i been one of you... "Look at that! haha, that poor girlll.... OH MY GOD look at her underwear!!!-"
It just so happened that recent need-to-do-laundry-day + flowy-skirt-doesn't-show-panty-lines DOES NOT = good-for-windy-day.
**this was important to clarify BECAUSE i am single, and wanted to use this opportunity as a disclaimer and say that i am fun, regardless of what that one pair of underwear suggested. K THANKS
It sure has been windy huh? keep and eye out... Take it or leave it. :)

3 comments:

  1. this totally just made my day Karlee. Party panties, haha I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the undies. Didn't your mama always teach you to be ready for anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHAH hilarious. Good thing it covered your face. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers