Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Swear this Sh*t Only Happens To Me


We started out this last Sunday going to the beach for the day. After drinking everything that we brought, and sitting out what i feel was the closest thing to a sand storm in the Sahara that i will ever be in, we decided that we had been there long enough and it was time to go back to town.

In walking back to the car, we over hear the blondest barbi i've ever met in real live say to her friend "OH MY GAAWWWWD, THIS WOULD BE THE BEST PLACE FOR MY SENIOR PHOTOS..." Point taken. So my friends and i decide that it would be a good idea to take as MANY senior photos on the wat back to the car as possible.
(I feel that we may have had far too good of a time with this. actual "senior Photos" can be found on my facebook page, under photo album name "Senior Photooos" )


being the excellent cameraman that i am, i thought i would back up against this wooden/cable railing to really get a great position for the next shot. The railing's purpose was for keeping everyone/everything from tumbling down the mountain and into the small rocky creak below. Point is, as i back up i lean up SLIGHTLY against the railing.


Apparently i am either the girl who is heavier than she thinks she is and i didnt realize that the wet, old railing could NOT support my weight, OR i am the girl who only thinks things half way through before beginning them, but immediately i feel the middle cable behind me slip further and further from my back, and my body involintairly begins to head much further backwards than i would have wanted. Thinking that the middle cable was just loose, and being the quick thinker we all know i am, i grab the highest cable to pull myself back toward safety. Turns out more than just the middle cable was loose. my sliding out of control body weight actually ripped the entire last post from the ground, and so in grabbing the cable, it just slid through ALL the remaining standing posts, giving me enough slack to fall to my death.


i try to throw my body onto the pavement path as to NOT fall down the hill covered in every plant Oregon has to offer my allergic self. But, alas, I threw myself to the pavement a little to late, for i was already far to far away from it. SO i tangle myself up in the cables and somehow suspend myself mid way down.


*STUCK IN CABLE CORDS HALF WAY DOWN A MOUNTAIN= CHECK


*CRYING FROM LAUGHING AND BEING IN AN ASTRONOMICAL AMOUNT OF PAIN=CHECK


*ALL MY FRIENDS TAKING PICTURES OF ME BEFORE HELPING ME=CHECK


*ALL PASSING PEOPLE ASKING ME IF I FELL, OR DID I KNOW I WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO GO DOWN THERE, BUT NOT HELPING ME UP=CHECK.


i am just far enough down the cliff that just lifting me is not a possibility.


...so i hang there. literally.


...until we derive another method of getting me back up.

Friends stand on the cables further down the path to make the ones i am tangled in (and hanging onto) tight enough to make me a little higher up and so i can sort of hoist myself up a little and use my free leg and my arms to untrap my right thigh. While i do this, my other friend lifts me up from under my armpits, becuse i was now high enough that she could reach me. Together we use our weight and pull me from cable cord cliff hell, and back to beaten path forest safety.


SUCCESS! ...sort of.

scratched and bruised up, and the only thing currently covered in rash today is my leg. doesnt look like poison ivy, but it sure feels like it.


me hanging, holding on for dear life to the metal cable rope. yes, that is black hole death. no land immediatly under me. cant touch anything with my feet...

casey pulling me back up as i kick my thigh free. yes, those gruesome disgusting faces were for a reason. yucky, painful distress face i call it.


1 comment:

Followers