Monday, March 29, 2010

Dare You To...

We’ve all been in that situation where someone has a terrible idea and suggests you do it. You then take one of the following options:
1) Ask them what they will give you and in turn weigh the cost & effect
2) Determine why they themselves are not doing whatever was suggested and decide if you want to be THAT guy.
3) Realize its probably not best and turn the tables with a “No” or a “Why don’t YOU?!”
4) Completely ignore the source, all sense of right vs wrong, health, complications, etc… and jump in feet first.
For whatever reason I tend to choose option 4. Not always the best decision as demonstrated in the following scenerios:

*Once I snorted a big, finly ground line of… salt. I did it for the biggest size Cold Stone treat. Before the line- genuis idea. Its salt! I love salt and eat it every day. After the line- TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. I couldn’t stop crying, the burning sensation was far more than expected, and everything tasted like blood for days… incuding said Cold Stone. #BS

*I once was convinced that it was a good idea to climb up a ladder into the rafters of an unfinished building to turn up a fog machine at a party that was not my own. At the risk of being kicked out or plumeting to a broken bone fate, I accepted the task knowing that should I succeed, I was getting a red bull and a piggy back to the next bar. (innebriation may or may not have been a factor)

* I drank a cup and a half of straight soy sauce for $5.00. I vomited far more than what $5.00 could make me feel good about vomiting. ’nuff said.

* I have been convinced that riding down a steep, wooden flight of stairs in a plastic laundry basket was a great idea. I actually went so fast that upon crashing into the wall across the hall at the bottom of the stairs, I shattered the laundry basket, not to mention my pride. In turn, I also have been convinced that going down a steep carpeted flight of stairs in a giant box was a good idea too. same result.

* I stood up on my table in a quite busy Thai Noodle Hut restaurant and asked for the entire bar / restaurant’s attention so I could tell them all a joke. Little did the restaurant know that I was getting my entire dinner & drink tab picked up by the waitor if I had the balls to do it. Little did the waitor know I had the balls. (side note: the waitor freaked and asked me to get down before I told the joke, afraid he’d get in trouble. I compromised and sat back down, beers and dessert covered.)

* I marched up to a decently well known musician (one I like quite a bit) and, quite frankly demanded him to play more music. After failed attempt #1, I listened to my friend and it seemed logic- go back and tell him “I’m Karlee F*cking May, and you should pl…” not so much. Come to think of it, I don’t think I was even getting anything for doing that- just that we wanted him to play for us.

* Countless times for countless different pirzes I have tried to eat/swollow a tablespoon of straight cinnimon with out coughing or spitting any out. Want to make a bet you are sure to win? Bet someone they can’t do that- because its impossible.

* I went up a chair lift having never been on a snowboard before to attempt to snowboard down. First times a charm they tell me. Bet me $40.00 I couldn’t do it… bingo. I couldn’t. Not far from the top I fell and fractured my wrist. P.S. snow patrol at Bogus sucks the big one.

…I think I have made my point clear.

The next time you are making a bet- weigh your options. Sometimes the money or the free drink end up NOT being worth it. but then again, sometimes it totally is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers