Thursday, November 12, 2009

IgniteBoise,Please




Today is the day. IgniteBoise3. #IB3.



I am excited and thrilled to see all the presentations of those whom already are my friends, and also for the presentations from those who I have not had the pleasure of meeting to date.
I think being an IgniteBoise presenter automatically says something about you. I am jealous, amazed, and intrigued by the Boiseans who have already had their 5 minutes, and of those who tonight will have their 5 minutes. What a cool deal.
I desperately want to be one of YOU. You being those talented, witty, together folk who speak to the rest of us. My problem, I can not decide what I like or know enough about, that could possibly IGNITE BOISE.
I know I like lots of things. I know I know lots of things. I am not afraid to talk, and telling a room full of people 20 slides of whatever I want sounds like something right up my ally. People have told me:
"do something funny."
"Do something witty."
"Karlee, just do it about something you care about."
...well, duh. I just don't know what I care about enough to tell all of you about. Funny, or not. I.Just.Don't.Know. And this leads me to wonder if the fact that I don't know what I care about that much is the problem. I am sure I can think of things I care about, but really, I doubt my future Boise friends want to hear about my pet pig I had once. And my already-Boise friends know about my pet pig. hmm.

What on earth would the rest of you want to hear about? I have looked at what has already been done and wondered why I didn't think of that, or acknowledged that I could think of something good. Really, its not rocket science. It boils down to what you like and know enough to tell other people about.
I like lots of things. I really like Holidays. I really like people. I really like eavesdropping- Not good topics.
I really like Boise, food/beer, and vacationing- (don't we all)
hmmmmm again....
I took a twitterfriend's advice and checked out some of the other city's Ignite web pages:



(not to be confused with Ignite Chicago the christian music festival... I certainly was confused. not so much my bag, baby.)
They have had some rad stuff there too.

Overall, I am impressed with anyone who has been able to get something together.

Then, it comes to the slides part: thank the heavens above that I know enough people to help me there. I'll go ahead and consider that part of it 'done'.
Needless to say, I am going to start now on thinking of a topic for a future IgniteBoise. Its something I want to do. Maybe I can get my shit together enough for the next one. I certainly will be there tonight to root on my friends/presenters. They are the best!
...and I hope everyone who can, plans to attend. It's really something. I certainly 'like' and 'became a fan' of it.

Lets Ignite Boise, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers