Monday, January 4, 2010

Worst Luck

Lets recap my weekend: (yeah, there are witnesses)
Friday: random allergy to something in a salad. who knows WHAT it was, but it was something. Probably just shared a kitchen with something I am actually allergic to. But mid-chicken salad my mouth/tongue decided to whack out. Really, this was minor. Almost not worth mentioning, other than that it made for a 3 day in a row sequence of events.
Saturday: game night. Nothing major, nothing out of the ordinary. suddenly- BAM! hands swelled up-( swole up? were swollen??) either way, it was totally randomly. Thought at first I was just retaining water- i hear too much salt will do that to you. So, i took off my rings, which almost didn't come off. Then, next thing I knew I could not even touch my fingers to the palms of my hands that said fingers are attached to. What the eff? Benadryl-ed any annoyed, I went to bed. Bringing us to...
Sunday:
Started out just enjoying an absolutely delish pizza with the boyfriend before heading to watch Sherlock Holmes (which I must add, was quite good.) and ended with a bloody swollen mouth. Somewhere between dousing my pizza in red pepper flakes, and consuming the slice itself, one of those little spicy round bastards forced its way between my gum and front tooth. It hurt and burned like a mother. Now, having been previously Dental Schooled, I took it upon myself to head to the bathroom and perform a flake-removal procedure with a sharp piece of armamentarium- hand crafted from a straw. After icing the area throughout the movie, the swelling is gone and its only a fat sliced gum. but omg.
Seems to be that the boyfriend is right: I am a walking calamity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers